CAN submission on the CDM Validation Process
The CAN submission identifies current issues and suggests how improvements to the existing modalities could be made. We make concrete recommendations on how the validation process can be strengthened by providing guidelines and rules to improve civic participation and the transparency and quality of CDM projects.
CAN makes the following recommendations to the CDM Executive Board, outlined in more detail below:
- Provide clear rules and guidelines on how to conduct local stakeholder consultations
- Establish clear guidelines to DOEs on how to assess stakeholder consultations
- Increase access to information or the global stakeholder consultation
- Increase the transparency of the validation process after the end of public commenting period
- Establish a grievance mechanism for affected stakeholders