WEED was founded in 1990 and is an independent nongovernmental organization.
The social and environmental impacts of globalization require a change in the financial, economic and environmental policy towards greater social justice and ecological sustainability. WEED wants it back the responsibility of industrial nations increasingly central to the work of social movements and NGOs. In the analysis WEED directs attention to the global economy and the relevant institutions. Here, exhausted by the work WEED not in the criticism of the players, but we are also developing proposals for reform and alternative concepts.
How we work:
- WEED systematically analyzed global economic, ecological and socio-political issues, created in studies, working papers and background materials .
- WEED leads campaigns through, due directly aimed at policy makers in Parliament, Government and state organizations, and intervenes in political decision-making processes .
- WEED organizes seminars, workshops and conferences.
- WEED communicates intensively with the press and media and operatespublic relations .
- WEED involved in political networks and cooperates with NGOs and social movements at the national and international level.