The Leadership Development Program (LDP) is one of CAN’s cornerstone programs that aims to strengthen its national and regional nodes and build professional leadership within the network....
VERTIC (the Verification Research, Training and Information Centre) is an independent, non-profit making charitable organization. Established in 1986, VERTIC supports the development, implementation and verification of international agreements as well as initiatives in related areas.
VERTIC provides this support through research and analysis, assistance and training, dissemination of information, and interaction with the governmental, diplomatic, technical, scientific and non-governmental communities.
VERTIC’s work focuses on the development and application of monitoring, reporting, review, verification and compliance mechanisms, and on national implementation measures.
Current focus areas
- examining options for development of the climate change regime architecture
- examining ways to enhance transparency and governance in REDD schemes
- providing assistance on treaty issues
- engaging with governments, international organizations, think-tanks, civil society and the private sector
- participating in UNFCCC conferences, and in other events
- carrying out research and analysis, providing advice
- publishing and presenting on findings and recommendations
- running in-country capacity building workshops on treaty development and implementation (e.g. in Africa and Europe).