The GEOTA - Study Group on Planning and Environment - is an association of environmental protection nationwide.Legally constituted in 1986, but its existence as a group of reflection and education in the environment dates back to 1981.
It has always been a priority of GEOTA to achieve the intervention of political powers at the highest level, to promote a sustainable development model: in Portugal, with the President, Parliament, Government, Attorney-General's Office ; internationally, with the European Commission and other international organizations. This type of intervention, strictly independent, nonpartisan, embodied in thematic studies, reports, proposed legislation and regulations is always rigorously justified.
We support the Environmental tax reform:
The campaign is developed around the following objectives:
- Promoting an Environmental Tax Reform ambitious and effective;
- Contribute to changing patterns of consumption and production with a view to greater sustainability;
- Raise public awareness, economic agents and government bodies on Environmental Tax Reform;
- Introduce Environmental Tax Reform agenda and political discourse.
- Eliminate all environmentally harmful subsidies by 2010;
- Transfer at least 10% of total tax revenue, taxes on income (IRS, IRC), for taxes based on environmental criteria by 2015 in order to relieve the work burden and the use of natural resources.
Travessa do Moinho de Vento nº17- Cv Dta