The Leadership Development Program (LDP) is one of CAN’s cornerstone programs that aims to strengthen its national and regional nodes and build professional leadership within the network....
Ceres is a nonprofit organization that leads a national coalition of investors, environmental organizations and other public interest groups working with companies to address sustainability challenges such as global climate change and water scarcity.
Our mission is integrating sustainability into day-to-day business practices for the health of the planet and its people.
COMPANIES AND CLIMATE CHANGE
Ceres works with more than 80 companies on a range of sustainability issues, including climate change. Working with our coalition of investors and advocacy groups, Ceres engages with companies to:
- Reduce the absolute greenhouse gas emissions (ghg) from business operations, supply chain, products and services and employees
- Disclose the financial and material implications of climate change as well as their plans and goals for mitigating that risk
- Put in place strong governance structures to manage risks at the board and CEO levels of the company
- Develop products and practices that decrease ghgs and generate revenue for the company
INVESTORS AND CLIMATE CHANGE
Ceres leads the Investor Network on Climate Risk, a group of 96 investors representing $9.5 trillion in assets under management. Under Ceres' direction, this vast network is combating climate risk in their portfolios by:
- Engaging with corporations on their business strategies to reduce risk due to climate change through stakeholder engagements and shareholder resolutions
- Calling on the U.S. and other governments to pass strong climate and energy policies that will spur low-carbon investments, new jobs and transition us to a clean energy economy
- Integrating the financial and material risks of climate change into investment decisions.
Ceres has organized businesses and investors nationwide and globally to call for strong climate and energy policies that will reduce carbon emissions, promote energy efficiency and renewable energy and increase investment in a clean energy economy. Our accomplishments include:
- Organizing 450 institutional investors representing $13 trillion in capital to call on the U.S. and other governments to quickly pass strong climate change policies that will spur low-carbon investments and new jobs.
- Leveraging the Ceres-led Business for Innovative Climate and Energy Policy (BICEP), a network of 18 leading consumer companies that meets regularly with Congressional leaders on the urgency of passing comprehensive climate and energy legislation that would limit carbon emissions while supporting energy efficiency, renewable energy and green jobs.
- Supporting the nation’s largest investors in filing shareholder resolutions asking U.S. companies to detail their business strategies for dealing with climate change.