The Leadership Development Program (LDP) is one of CAN’s cornerstone programs that aims to strengthen its national and regional nodes and build professional leadership within the network....
Vision, Mission and Values of ActionAid
Vision: A world without poverty in which every person can exercise his or her right to a life of dignity.
Mission: ActionAid’s mission is to work with poor and marginalized people to eradicate poverty by overcoming the injustice and inequality that cause it.
Values: Action Aid lives by the following values:
- Mutual respect and recognizing the dignity and worth of all people and the value of diversity is one of the core values of ActionAid.
- Equity and justice, requiring us to work to ensure that everyone -- irrespective of sex, age, race, color, class, religion, creed, physical handicap, ethnic group, sexual orientation, physical ability, health, culture, trade union activity or social background -- has equal opportunity for expressing and utilizing their potential.
- Honesty and transparency, requiring us to be accountable for the effectiveness of our actions and open in our judgments and communications with others.
- Solidarity with poor and marginalized people, so that our only bias will be a commitment to the interests of the poor and powerless.
- Courage of conviction, requiring us to be creative and radical, without fear of failure, in pursuit of the highest possible impact on the causes of poverty.
- Humility, recognizing that we are a part of a bigger alliance against poverty, and requiring our presentation and behavior to be modest.