Vision, Mission and Values of ActionAid
Vision: A world without poverty in which every person can exercise his or her right to a life of dignity.
Mission: ActionAid’s mission is to work with poor and marginalized people to eradicate poverty by overcoming the injustice and inequality that cause it.
Values: Action Aid lives by the following values:
- Mutual respect and recognizing the dignity and worth of all people and the value of diversity is one of the core values of ActionAid.
- Equity and justice, requiring us to work to ensure that everyone -- irrespective of sex, age, race, color, class, religion, creed, physical handicap, ethnic group, sexual orientation, physical ability, health, culture, trade union activity or social background -- has equal opportunity for expressing and utilizing their potential.
- Honesty and transparency, requiring us to be accountable for the effectiveness of our actions and open in our judgments and communications with others.
- Solidarity with poor and marginalized people, so that our only bias will be a commitment to the interests of the poor and powerless.
- Courage of conviction, requiring us to be creative and radical, without fear of failure, in pursuit of the highest possible impact on the causes of poverty.
- Humility, recognizing that we are a part of a bigger alliance against poverty, and requiring our presentation and behavior to be modest.